Sunday, May 8, 2011

Off Topic And In Honor Of Mothers Day

There is an unspoken translation between mother and child. The smile that brings light, the kiss of comfort, the touch of security. She watched you grow, experience life, create your own path and follow your passions. She never stopped cradling you; first from the crib to her arms then from her arms to her heart where she'll cradle you for a lifetime. I'v watched in awe as my mother touches the lives of everyone she meets, but none more than I. A teacher by profession and in life, her actions speak volumes; creating a ripple effect as if a pebble skimming water, it's mesmerizing ripples outstretched. Even now, just as a child taking her hand in mine, life becomes simple and safe. Today I thank you, for this gift of life and the unconditional love and support towards the paths I have chosen. You are my best friend, my sister, my confidant, my strength, my biggest fan, honest critic and my creator. You are my history, my future and am proud to say, my mother. 
For all of the amazing, strong mothers and women out there, today belongs to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment